Crew Members are responsible for performing tasks involving physical labor on the landscape installation and/or hardscaping team.
The person in this position may operate a variety of hand and power tools, clean and prepare sites, install pavers, retaining walls, plants, sod, trees, and drainage solution installations. We also dig trenches, install culverts, repair erosion problems clean up debris and remove waste materials. The Landscape Crew Member may assist other craft workers and Foreman.
Job Type: Full-time
Hourly Pay: $14-17 depending on experience
Benefits: Paid time off & paid holidays
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performing a variety of tasks and assigned work duties involving strenuous manual labor in outdoor projects and worksites
- Maintaining a clean job site; picking up all tools and equipment and securing the job site each day in order to eliminate potential hazards
- Loading and unloading trucks, hauling and material handling and storage
- Carrying out opening and closing duties
- Performing required light maintenance of equipment
- Maintaining personal health and sanitation standards
- Reading and interpreting safety/employment manuals and other work related documents
- Complying with safety regulations and maintaining a clean and orderly facility
- Ensuring that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed; bringing problems to the attention of the Foreman, Safety Director or HR Manager
- Performing other work-related duties as assigned
- Mandatory attendance to all company outings
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid and appropriate state driver’s license or ID prior to employment
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge and ability to perform the work
- Some knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies used in heavy highway construction work
- Some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue and to effectively jump, sprint or throw an object. Excellent stamina is required. The noise level in the work environment is generally loud.